Simplify Your Spare Parts Supply With Our Consignment Service
Have the Right Part on-Hand at the Right Time
Having the right part on-hand minimizes both downtimes and mean time to repair (MTTR). Whether down for an emergency or scheduled maintenance, or a start-up, the less time a process is down - the more profitable it can be.
Automating your processes helps maximize production and increase profitability. Buckles-Smith shares your goal of keeping automation systems running smoothly and effectively, which allows you to be more competitive and cost-effective.
Ready Access to the Spare Machine and Equipment Parts You Need
Reduce operating costs associated with spare parts inventory by implementing a Parts Management Agreement (PMA). A Parts Management Agreement allows ready access to needed spare parts for your machines with Allen-Bradley® equipment, all while Rockwell Automation owns and manages your spare parts inventory. A Parts Management Agreement provides a flexible, easy-to-use consignment service. The service delivers access and availability of critical spares to maximize machine uptime and throughput while reducing overall inventory carrying costs.
A Rockwell Automation Parts Management Agreement provides the following benefits:
- Asset Control
- Avoid unnecessary build-up of inventory over time. When the Parts Management Agreement ends, the inventory can be removed or modified to meet current needs.
- Improved Return On Net Assets (RONA).
- Improved Cash Management / Simplified Budgeting
- Eliminates large capital outlays of purchasing spare inventory. Frees up cash for other areas of spending.
- Costs of agreements can be deferred over 3- or 5-year terms. This creates a cost-effective, stable payment schedule.
- Minimize Inventory-carrying Expenses
- Some expenses associated with carrying inventory can be reduced or eliminated.
- The opportunity cost of money is recognized.
- Increased Uptime / Maximized Production / Reduced Downtime
- Exclusive inventory availability. Critical inventory can be maintained on-site at each facility for immediate availability during emergency breakdown situations.
- As the material is consumed, it can be replenished within 24 hours upon reorder utilizing our Advance Exchange program – subject to availability.
- Support Equipment with Limited Lifecycle
- Spares can leave with decommissioned equipment.
- If a customer purchases the item from us as a spare, the warranty begins the day of purchase. With a PMA, the warranty doesn’t begin until the item is put into service! Theoretically, the item could sit on their Spare Inventory shelf for 2 years, but the warranty time isn’t ticking down.
Asset Management Strategy
The Parts Management Agreement is part of a larger, comprehensive asset management strategy. Through Rockwell Automation, Buckles-Smith can help you manage inventory and have spare parts on hand.
Services and Technical Support
Buckles-Smith and Allied Electric have an extensive technical support staff ready to help you troubleshoot problems and brainstorm potential opportunities for your operation. Our team of experts will help you every step of the way, from the initial quote to final order placement.