Rockwell Automation Fair At Home
On-Demand Content: Available through June 2021
Event Dates: November 16-20, 2020
Creating a new world-class experience for Automation Fair 2020 to showcase the power and value of our IT/OT expertise.
The Automation Fair At Home experience will feature the newest solutions and innovations, the opportunity to interact with technology experts and executives, participate in engaging hands-on labs, training sessions, industry focused forums, and keynote presentations, and network with leading professionals in the field.
Automation Fair At Home Overview
The Automation Fair At Home® experience offers hands-on training sessions and thought-provoking presentations to help you conquer your industry challenges. These sessions are presented by experts from Rockwell Automation, our PartnerNetwork™ members, and forward-thinking professionals. Learn how they can improve your expertise and skillset.
To review the complete Session Catalog and add sessions to your calendar, go to Rockwell Automation Session Catalog page. Sessions are filterable by company, industry, job level, job function, product offering, and session type. Using the filters is strongly recommended given the numerous sessions included in the catalog. While information about the Hands-on Labs is available in the Rockwell Automation Session Catalog, labs cannot be purchased until Automation Fair Registration opens on October 1st.
For customers without access to a corporate credit card, register for Hands-on Labs through Buckles-Smith via purchase order. Your purchase order number is needed in advance to complete registration.
How to Register
Registration is open - Register today!
The Automation Fair At Home registration process is fairly painless. That said, we put together a step-by-step list to clear up any confusion ahead of time. The below links are designed to open in a separate tab or window making it easy to refer back to this guide as you register.
- To the left is a screenshot of the main registration form. Completing this registration page grants access to the event and free sessions. Registration for the Hands-on Labs is limited to registered attendees. Make sure to select "Attendee" in the "Attendee Type" list.
- Complete the "Registration Information" and "Additional Questions" fields.
- Check the "I ACCEPT" box and click "Continue". You will have an opportunity to review and edit your information on the next page. If no edits are needed, scroll down and click "Confirm Registration and Continue".
- After reviewing and submitting your registration, you will see a confirmation page similar to the image on the right. Note that event login credentials will not be shared until November.
- As long as you registered as an attendee, your confirmation page will include a link to Register for Lab Sessions. If you plan to attend Hands-on Labs, you need to register. Labs are $99 each and attendees are allowed a max of 2 labs at Automation Fair.
- Clicking the "Register for Lab Sessions" button immediately after completing the general event registration will take you to the labs registration page directly. If you close your browser or wait until later to register for labs, you will likely need to use the Registration page you bookmarked in step 1.
- Once on the Hands-on Labs Selection page (shown on right), you are able to select the 1-2 labs you'd like to attend. Seat availability is shown in green beneath each lab name. If the lab is full, seat availability will be in red and the lab will be grayed out within the list. The list is organized by date, time, and lab code. Use the "Session Search" field to easily locate specific labs.
- To review the labs in a sortable format, refer to the Session Catalog and filter by Event Type: Hands-on Lab.
- On the Selection page, find your lab choice(s) and click the downward triangle on the right (see left) to review the lab description and alternate timeslots.
- Add the lab to your agenda using the "Add to Schedule" button. If you want to remove a lab from your agenda prior to paying for it, click the "Remove from Schedule" button (where the "Add to Schedule" button used to be).
- Once you're happy with your selection(s), scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Continue"
- This next step is critical to your registration process. After clicking "Continue" on the selections page, you will be routed to the "Confirm your Hands-on Lab Selections" page shown below. At this point, you need to click "Confirm Sessions" or you will lose your seat in the lab.
- The "Confirm Sessions" button will confirm your sessions and take you to the payment page. Complete the credit card fields and click "Continue". NOTE: the "Continue" button is equivalent to submitting payment. There is not another page to review and confirm payment.
- At this point, you are done! If changes are needed or if you decide to register for labs at a later date, access your registration information here.
FOR CUSTOMERS WITHOUT ACCESS TO A CORPORATE CREDIT CARD
- The "Confirm Sessions" button will confirm your sessions and take you to the payment page. Instead of paying via credit card, please continue reading.
If you are unable to purchase labs using a credit card, Buckles-Smith has a process in place to purchase your labs and invoice for the payment. You need a valid PO number in advance of submitting your request. Request Form.
The form is meant for Buckles-Smith and Allied Electric Customers who do not have access to a corporate credit card and plan to provide us with a PO for payment of their Hands-on Labs. PO number is required to submit your request.
To access your registration and purchase your labs, we need the last name and email address used to register for Automation Fair. Please make sure the information submitted in the payment request matches the information you used to register for the event.
The At Home Automation Fair Experience
As Rockwell continues to prioritize the health and safety of partners, distributors, customers and employees, they have made the decision to host the annual Automation Fair event primarily virtually this year. If conditions improve, Rockwell will be looking at how to also safely host small group experiences and meetings at their headquarters facility in Milwaukee, in addition to the virtual experience.
Following the success of the ROKLive virtual event, we are confident in Rockwell's ability to create dynamic and engaging virtual experiences for customers, partners, and distributors.
The Automation Fair At Home experience will include technical training, product and technology showcases, customized demos for customers and industry forums, in addition to keynotes, trade show experiences, and more.
Following the event, the online experience will be available on-demand through June 2021.
Training and Development
It’s no secret that inclusion and diversity are good for business. But how do you create a sustainable culture change to maximize your employees’ potential and your bottom line?
Our Bold Conversations on Inclusion & Diversity sessions will feature a variety of thought-leaders discussing how culture, community outreach, supplier diversity and a focus on talent can impact your business.
Bring your questions and your curiosity. We can’t promise easy answers, but we will promise authentic discussion.
Now, more than ever, innovation, creativity and agility are paramount for industry. In the DX Strategists track presentations, we want to inspire innovation through shared experiences and community development. We’re bringing together visionaries in industrial digital transformation at this new world-class experience to showcase the power and value of our IT/OT expertise.
Join this elite community of digital pioneers and…
- Learn how to drive measurable business outcomes by hearing from industry leaders in interactive discussions
- See how you can take advantage of the new business models being discovered through the use of emerging technologies
We’re living in unprecedented times. The pace of change is fast and furious and companies across the globe are stepping up in unique ways to better serve their customers. Join us for 60-minute moderated panel discussions where leaders from your industry will discuss how they are defining, transforming, and innovating their next.
- Automotive and Tire
- Food and Beverage
- Life Sciences
- Oil and Gas
- Power and Energy
- Water Wastewater
Get hands-on experience with the latest technology and product enhancements. These interactive training labs cover the portfolio of products from Allen Bradley, Rockwell Software, and products offered by our PartnerNetwork members.
Hands-on labs will be offered daily, focused on the newest hardware and software technologies. View the complete Session Catalog and Hands-on Labs schedule.
Hands-on labs are reserved for customers and are limited to two labs per person. Registration for labs is required and cost is $99 per lab payable by credit card. If you do not have access to a credit card, request that Buckles-Smith register on your behalf. Please have a PO number ready prior to submitting the request. Buckles-Smith cannot guarantee lab availability when registering on behalf of a customer.
Digital transformation is rapidly changing multiple process industries and the platforms as we know it. Success requires seamless and secure connectivity between the equipment and the enterprise, as well as the ability to contextualize and analyze the wealth of data available from all levels of the control system.
The Process Solutions User Group track will showcase how Rockwell Automation® is leveraging input from its users to help drive our latest releases of the PlantPAx® DCS, Batch, and supporting process solutions. The PSUG track will include the following sessions:
- Ask the experts
- Customer Sessions
- Hands-on Labs
- Keynote presentations
- Product and Technology Sessions
Product and Technology Sessions
These sessions provide a deep-dive into the technical aspects of the newest industrial automation technologies, and include cutting-edge use cases and demonstrations.
Product and technology sessions will be presented by Rockwell Automation and members of the PartnerNetwork. Sessions will cover the following topics:
- Industries and solutions
- Information Software
- Products and technologies
Frequently Asked Questions
When and where will the 2020 Automation Fair® At Home event take place?
Automation Fair At Home will take place as follows:
- DATE: Automation Fair At Home will take place November 16-20, 2020.
- LOCATION: Automation Fair At Home will take place within an interactive digital environment – attendees can login from the comfort and safety of their own space and device. The online experience will be available on-demand for six months until June 2021.
Conditions permitting, we are also exploring the option of safely hosting small group experiences and meetings in our headquarters facility in Milwaukee, in addition to the virtual experience.
- TIME ZONE: Automation Fair At Home sessions and offerings are scheduled in Central Time.
When will the event agenda and session schedule be available?
Event details will be announced as they become available. Please see below for an event overview. Click to review the complete Session Catalog and add sessions to your calendar.
When will registration open for Automation Fair At Home?
Registration will open on October 1st. Registration is required to gain access to the event and to on-demand presentations, which will be available until June 2021.
Is there a cost to attend Automation Fair At Home?
There is no cost to attend the overall event. Hands-on labs will cost $99 per lab and will be limited to two per customer attendee.
Will the virtual event be available on-demand after November?
Yes, the event will be available on-demand for six months until June 2021. This includes access to the virtual exhibit hall, product and technology sessions, the DX Strategists track, industry forums, general sessions, and keynote presentations.
What types of sessions will be offered at Automation Fair At Home?
Automation Fair At Home will feature technical discussions, interactive labs and presentations, including the following:
- NEW! Bold Conversations on Inclusion & Diversity
- NEW! DX Strategists track
- Forums focused on the following industries: automotive and tire, chemical, food and beverage, life sciences, OEM, oil and gas, power and energy, metals, mining, and water wastewater
- Hands-on labs
- NEW! Perspectives keynote presentations
- NEW! Process Solutions User Group track, including ask the experts, customer sessions, hands-on labs, keynote presentations, and technical sessions
- Product and technology sessions presented by Rockwell Automation and members of the PartnerNetwork
Do I have to register to attend specific sessions at Automation Fair At Home?
You do not have to register to attend product and technology sessions, the DX Strategists track, industry forums, general sessions, or keynote presentations. Due to capacity limits, registration is required to attend hands-on labs. Please note that the hands-on labs are reserved for customers only. Each customer may attend two labs.
Do I need specific equipment to participate in the hands-on labs?
Hands-on labs will be conducted via the Rockwell Automation Cloud Based Infrastructure (RAcbi). You will connect to remote hardware for any hardware-based sessions. You do not need any specific equipment to participate.
What is AltspaceVR and how will it be used at the event?
AltspaceVR is a virtual reality platform available for free through the Windows store. To install, a non-corporate email address is needed (gmail, etc.). AltspaceVR will host the interactive networking experience at Automation Fair.
What VR headsets can I use?
AltspaceVR is compatible with Oculus, HTC Vive, and Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) headsets.
Does AltspaceVR work on Mac products?
No, AltspaceVR does not work on Mac products.
Do I need a VR headset for this experience?
No, you may use 2D mode on your laptop (Windows 10) instead of a VR headset.
Are Professional Development Hour credits available?
Yes, product and technology sessions presented by Rockwell Automation are eligible for Professional Development Hour credits, including any accessed ‘on-demand’ from November 2020 through June 2021.
Will there be an in-person element of Automation Fair?
Rockwell Automation may host a small number of customers at their headquarters location in Milwaukee, WI if conditions permit and customers are willing to attend.
When will we know if there will be an in-person event?
An announcement will be made the first week of November.
Who should I contact if I have additional questions?
Please reach out to Buckles-Smith or Allied Electric by filling out the form below.