Reduce Energy Consumption by HALF with LED Fixture Retrofit
January 25, 2018
Santa Cruz Wastewater Facility completed a lighting retrofit reducing their energy consumption and improving safety with Dialight LED Fixtures
Today we would like to share a case study from our partners at Dialight, who helped the City of Santa Cruz replace their older fixtures at their wastewater facility with new LEDs, which reduced their energy usage and costs by more than 50%.
Below is a snapshot of the case study, click here for the full article.
- Santa Cruz Wastewater facility’s exterior lighting fixtures run 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The facility is under 24/7 camera surveillance, but the original fixtures were emitting poor quality light that hindered visibility and lead to inadequate video quality.
- The original lighting consisted of high-pressure sodium and mercury vapor fixtures that required continual maintenance and environmental strain. Cost of disposal of hazardous material and valuable labor time was taxing.
- Dialight helped upgrade their HPS and MV fixtures to LEDs.
- The LED fixtures are expected to last over 10 years and the project will pay for itself in a third of that time.
- Dialight’s LED fixtures helped Santa Cruz consume less energy by 50%, lowered their CO2 emissions and increased their visibility, creating a safer more energy efficient facility.
- Installation took only 5-days, with 82 HPS and MV fixtures replaced:
- 33 – Low Bays
- 19 – 14K lumen High Bays
- 30 – 12K lumen High Bays
- Reduce energy consumption by 50% / $0.15/kWh
Read the full case study on Dialight’s Website or download a PDF copy:
- Dialight Case Study: https://www.dialight.com/resource/santa-cruz-case-study/
- Download: Dialight Case Study: Santa Cruz Wastewater Treatment Facility