Buckles-Smith Hosted Event
ThinManager Configuration and Maintenance
June 3 | 12:00 am to 11:59 pm
ThinManager® is a thin client platform with an architecture that allows for the deployment of less-expensive hardware. This gives users familiar applications and tools in a format that reduces management and maintenance costs while increasing security.
This course is designed to teach you how to set up and use the hardware in the demonstration kit to provide effective ThinManager integration with existing systems. While the focus is system configuration, some of the topics covered will introduce system maintenance. Along the way, you will have an opportunity to explore a number of ThinManager features.
In this course, you will learn how to run Windows-based applications for Rockwell software via Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Services, as well as other content sources including VNC servers, IP cameras, and terminal-to-terminal shadowing.
ThinManager’s wizard-based configuration also allows administrators to set up advanced functionality and to customize the content delivered to the terminal based on who is logged in and what role they play in your work environment.
Prerequisite skill requirements
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course is two days long from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
- ThinManager Overview
- Value Proposition
Server Configuration Lab
- Installation of the Remote Desktop Services Role
- Installation of an HMI (FactoryTalk™ View SE)
- Installation of ThinManager
Basic ThinManager Lab
- Defining and Configuring Remote Desktop Servers,
Display Clients, and Terminals
- AppLink for Single Applications
- MultiSession and Tiling
- MultiMonitor and Virtual Screens
- Terminal Replacement
|Day 2||Architecture and Best Practices
- ThinManager Server Versus Remote Desktop Server
- ThinManager in a Rockwell Automation System
Relevance and Mobility Lab
- Relevance User Services
- Relevance Location Services
- Relevance and Geo-Fencing
Advanced ThinManager Lab
- DHCP Server, Redundancy, Firewalls, and Ports
- Firmware Packages and Modules
- TermMon ActiveX, PXE Server, and Wireshark