Buckles-Smith Hosted Event
EtherNet/IP Configuration and Troubleshooting (CCP183)
Apr 5 - Apr 7
This course (CCP183) provides guidance on how to configure and troubleshoot an EtherNet/IP network. This includes setting EtherNet/IP network addresses, configuring a managed switch to meet network requirements, and monitoring managed switch performance. Examples, activities, and demonstrations in this course focus on the Stratix 5700 managed switch.
The following objectives will be covered in this course:
- Understanding EtherNet/IP Network Addressing Fundamentals Assigning a Computer’s IP
- Address for an EtherNet/IP Network
- Performing Initial Configuration of a Managed Switch
- Configuring EtherNet/IP Settings on Automation Devices
- Creating and Assigning VLANs on a Stratix 5700 Switch
- Configuring DHCP Persistence for a Stratix Switch
- Configuring Network Address Translation (NAT) for a Stratix 5700 Switch
- Configuring Port Security and Traffic Monitoring for a Stratix 5700 Switch
- Monitoring EtherNet/IP Network and Device Status
- Managing a Stratix 5700 Switch Using a Studio 5000 Logix Designer Project
- Troubleshooting EtherNet/IP Network Problems
- Troubleshooting a Stratix 5700 Switch
- Updating Stratix 5700 Switch Firmware
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for technicians and engineers who must deploy and maintain Industrial Automation and Control System (IACS) networks should attend this course.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Completion of Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 1: ControlLogix System Fundamentals (Course No. CCP146) or equivalent experience
- Completion of Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 2: ControlLogix Maintenance and Troubleshooting (Course No. CCP153)