Buckles-Smith Hosted Event
Accelerated Logix5000 Programmer Certificate Level 1 (CCP250)
Mar 6 - Mar 10
This accelerated course is for individuals who can quickly learn and apply Logix5000™ concepts, terminology, hardware, and the Studio 5000 Logix Designer® programming environment.
You will quickly move from these early concepts to using producer/ consumer technology and messages to multicast input and output devices, share data between controllers, and control remote I/O.
This course prepares you for the Accelerated Logix5000 Programmer Certificate Course Level 1 certificate exam, which is included in the course price.
Upon completion of this course, given a functional specification for a Logix5000 application, you should be able to develop a project to meet the specification requirements.
This course covers tasks common to the following hardware, which use the Logix5000 control engine, or operating system:
- ControlLogix® controllers
- CompactLogix™ controllers
These tasks include creating a new project, programming an application, and adding advanced functionality (e.g. data arrays, add-on instructions, produced/consumed data, and messages) to the application.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Ideal course attendees are those who:
- Are responsible for programming Logix5000 controllers using the Studio 5000 Logix Designer application
- Need to learn how to draft ladder logic for any application
Curriculum Note: Along with new material and labs, this course contains lessons from courses CCP146, CCP151, and CCP143 – in an accelerated five-day format. Do not take all three courses in addition to this one.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Completion of at least one Rockwell Automation Logix5000 course in the last two years.
- Pursuing a Logix5000 Certificate for Programmers.
- Understanding Control Systems
- Locating ControlLogix System Components
- Identifying and Connecting to Industrial Networks
- Creating a Studio 5000 Logix Designer Project
- Downloading, Uploading, and Going Online
- Configuring Modules in a Studio 5000 Logix Designer Project
- Creating Tags and Monitoring Data
- Drafting Basic Ladder Logic
- Programming Bitwise Instructions
- Testing a Ladder Diagram
- Programming Timer and Counter Instructions
- Programming Comparison, Math, and Move Instructions
- Integrated Practice: Programming a Basic Application in Studio 5000 Logix Designer Software
- Creating a User-Defined Data Type
- Creating and Using Arrays
- Creating Add-On Instructions
- Searching Within and Managing Files
- Configuring a Logix5000 Controller to Produce and Consume Data
- Configuring a Logix5000 Message
- Retrieving and Setting Controller Status Values
- Leveraging Studio 5000 Logix Designer Tools
- Identifying and Correcting Faults in a Logix5000 System