Buckles-Smith Hosted Event
Accelerated Logix5000 Programmer Certificate Course Level 1 (CCP250)
Feb 7 - Feb 11
This accelerated course is for individuals who can quickly learn and apply Logix5000™ concepts, terminology, hardware, and the Studio 5000 Logix Designer® programming environment.
You will quickly move from these early concepts to using producer/ consumer technology and messages to multicast input and output devices, share data between controllers, and control remote I/O.
This course prepares you for the Accelerated Logix5000 Programmer Certificate Course Level 1 certificate exam, which is included in the course price.
Upon completion of this course, given a functional specification for a Logix5000 application, you should be able to develop a project to meet the specification requirements.
This course covers tasks common to the following hardware, which use the Logix5000 control engine, or operating system:
• ControlLogix® controllers
• CompactLogix™ controllers
These tasks include creating a new project, programming an application, and adding advanced functionality (e.g. data arrays, add-on instructions, produced/consumed data, and messages) to the application.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
• Completion of at least one Rockwell Automation Logix5000 course in the last two years
• Pursuing a Logix5000 Certificate for Programmers
• Understanding Control Systems
• Locating ControlLogix System Components
• Identifying and Connecting to Industrial Networks
• Creating a Studio 5000 Logix Designer Project
• Downloading, Uploading, and Going Online
• Configuring Modules in a Studio 5000 Logix Designer Project
• Creating Tags and Monitoring Data
• Drafting Basic Ladder Logic
• Programming Bitwise Instructions
• Testing a Ladder Diagram
• Programming Timer and Counter Instructions
• Programming Comparison, Math, and Move Instructions
• Integrated Practice: Programming a Basic Application in Studio 5000 Logix Designer Software
• Creating a User-Defined Data Type
• Creating and Using Arrays
• Creating Add-On Instructions
• Searching Within and Managing Files
• Configuring a Logix5000 Controller to Produce and Consume Data
• Configuring a Logix5000 Message
• Retrieving and Setting Controller Status Values
• Leveraging Studio 5000 Logix Designer Tools
• Identifying and Correcting Faults in a Logix5000 System