Warehouse Clerk 1
Date Posted: February 23, 2023
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Receive, stock, and distribute inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Maintain overall inventory accuracy.
- Assist in unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized warehouse area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Wear proper safety equipment as it pertains to specific job.
- Ad hoc activities as requested.
- Verify received goods against purchase orders and other receiving documentation.
- Verify incoming materials against purchase order and quantities. Perform visual inspection, ensuring all products are not damaged or deteriorated.
- Report incoming packages to appropriate department/end-user.
- Work closely with purchasing and accounting department to verify merchandise details (supplier, type of product, quantities etc.)
- Maintain accurate daily log of materials to reflect incoming and outgoing traffic of products.
- Work with other departments on improvements to operational issues.
- Receive, open and sort products that are to be stocked and/or delivered to customers. Ensure that material is stocked in the appropriate bin locations.
- Fill requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Responsible for inventory being organized and placed in appropriate bins.
- Fill out appropriate information on all packing slips.
- QC all orders that were pulled and placed in shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Prepare shipping boxes/envelopes and documentation (packing slip/labels, etc.) per established company and customer procedures.
- Verify the shipping method of the sales order.
- Coordinate with shipping carriers to schedule pick-ups and track shipments.
Knowledge and skill requirements
- Demonstrate professionalism when dealing with customers, company staff either by telephone, correspondence, or in person.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers.
- Basic knowledge of worker safety, warehouse safety, and forklift training.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations including receiving, stocking, order filling and shipping.
- Knowledge of current business system as it pertains to warehouse operations.
- Thorough understanding of company goals, objectives, policies, and matters relating to “quality”.
HS Diploma or GED
Certificates, licenses, registrations
Valid CA driver’s license
Standards of Conduct
All employees are expected to conduct themselves in the highest ethical and professional manner in their dealings with customers, vendors, and co-workers. Employees’ behaviors and actions should not in any way put at risk the safety of any individual nor the reputation of the company.
Please refer to the Employee Handbook for our Standards of Conduct.
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; stand; talk and hear both in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate office equipment and other equipment as needed. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop or bend and lift and/or move up to and including 100 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate to loud.