Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Product Specialist
Date Posted: August 4, 2022
Responsible for the growth of sales and customer application pre-sales and post-sales support for Variable Frequency Drives, Packaged Drives and associated products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Meet or exceed sales goals for the assigned products and services.
- Develop sales strategies, promotions, programs and plans for sales growth of assigned products and services.
- Develop annual goals, objectives and sales action plans and monitor actual results vs. objectives during the year.
- Prepare periodic activity reports.
- Provide technical support for internal and external customers, troubleshooting products, finding technical documentation and specifications, product selection and other requested activities.
- Establish or improve relationships with Buckles-Smith sales team and customers to better understand the sales potential and determine customer needs.
- Work with Account Managers to create joint strategies and activities for to support an account.
- Work with Customer Service Representatives to provide technical expertise for quoting, entering orders, expediting, etc.
- Coordinate and present technical and commercial training for internal and external customers.
- Describe or demonstrate products, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Follow up on business leads assigned by management, marketing, technical department, and vendor partners
- Complete all joint planning commitments (sales calls, etc.) as set forth in vendor planning sessions.
- Acquire, use and continuously develop personal technical knowledge of general and specialty solutions to assist internal and external customers.
- Suggest competitive components or complementary products as supported by Buckles-Smith/Allied and needed by internal and external customers.
- Provide quotations, proposals or estimates of prices, scope of work, terms and delivery for standard, complex or non-standard merchandise.
- Call on regular and prospective customers to move projects through a sales cycle to a conclusion. (
- Properly prepare for sales calls, customers events, etc. to maximize the effectiveness of the activity.
- Review issues concerning billing, credit ,products sold, etc. and refer issues to designated departments for investigation and resolution.
- Demonstrate competence with CRM, business system, vendor-based applications and other software tools.
- Provide support to Sales, Finance and other departments in support of resolving customer issues, as needed.
- Advise the Purchasing Department on technical products, proper inventory levels, and identify potential obsolesce Inventory issues.
- Sell and promote branch and company promotions.
- Professionally represent Buckles-Smith with service and product vendors as assigned
- Travel, as needed.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, blueprints, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from small groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to practice good interpersonal relations, using tact, courtesy, a positive attitude toward customers and co- workers, pleasant communication etiquette, and a general attitude as a representative of goodwill on behalf of the company at work or during company travel.
- Ability to perform math functions representative of the job such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and metric scales; computing rate, ratio, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs; calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and proportions.
- Ability to develop and present specialized instruction concerning the specific high-tech equipment in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) or equivalent from an accredited four-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training or a high school diploma plus 4-6 years relevant experience.
Certificates, licenses, registrations, insurance
Valid CA driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; stand; talk and hear both in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate, handle or feel office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop or bend and lift and/or move up to and including twenty-five pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.