Power Solutions Product Specialist
Date Posted: August 4, 2022
Responsible for growth and support of sales for Industrial Power Solutions (Motor Control Centers,
Switchgear, Medium Voltage Drives and Gear, Panelboards, Packaged and Component Drives and other
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Respond and own quotation requests from customers and sales for Power Solution opportunities.
- Establish or improve relationships with sales and customers to better understand sales potential.
- Define customer Power Solutions proposals based on customer specifications
- Call on regular and prospective customers, via phone, in person, via email, etc., to move projects
through a sales cycle to a conclusion (project order, etc.).
- Formulate, develop and execute account development plans in coordination with sales.
- Assist with the planning and presentation of training programs, lunch and learns, and other
professional growth opportunities for sales and customers in the planning, installation and operations
of Power Solutions.
- Describe or demonstrate product, using demonstration units or other means, and emphasizes salable
features to customer and sales.
- Create and support branch and company-wide promotions for Power Solutions.
- Provide oral and written quotations or estimates of prices, terms and delivery for standard, complex or
non-standard Power Solutions.
- Review complaints concerning billing, credit or products sold; refer complaints to designated
departments for investigation and resolution.
- Continuously learn, develop, and use personal technical knowledge of Power Solutions to assist
customers and other company personnel for product specification and other functions.
- Research, develop, and execute business plans or other action plans necessary to foster sales
growth and other objectives for Power Solutions.
- Prepare correspondence and reports necessary for business transactions.
- Keep a careful, accurate and daily record of expenses to be reimbursed and submitted timely.
- Identify and utilize business system, CRM tools, and other vendor tools (extranet, etc.) to support
customer proposals and orders.
- Professionally represent the Company with high-tech product vendors that they manage.
- Travel, as needed, to support sales and training requirements of vendors as well as for customer
- Ad hoc activities as requested.
Knowledge and Skill requirements
- Practice good interpersonal relations, using tact, courtesy, a positive attitude toward customers and
co-workers, pleasant telephone etiquette, and a general attitude as a representative of goodwill on
behalf of the company at work or during company travel.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, blueprints, or governmental regulations.
- Able to read, write and interpret reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and
instructions in oral, written or diagram form.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from small groups of managers,
clients, and customers in regard to specialized Power Solutions topics.
- Able to perform basic math functions representative of the job such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals
and metric scales; computing rate, ratio, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs;
calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and proportions.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) or equivalent from an accredited four-year college or university; and two to four
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education (minimum High School
diploma) and experience.
Certificates, licenses, registrations, insurance
Valid CA driver’s license
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; stand; talk
and hear both in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate, handle or feel office equipment; and
reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop or bend and lift
and/or move up to and including twenty-five pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.