OEM Account Manager
Date Posted: August 18, 2022
Account Managers are individually responsible for the company’s relationships and sales efforts at assigned accounts. This role has a specific focus on developing new business with the OEM customer segment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Develop individual sales plan with the OEM Sales Manager and meet or exceed the sales objectives on each assigned account.
- Achieve gross margin and sales goals as assigned.
- Establish, develop, and maintain excellent working relationships with assigned and prospective customers, suppliers and co-workers.
- Work to protect all existing market share and expand products sold and volume at assigned accounts.
- Work with Product Specialists to provide technical assistance to customers utilizing industry and product knowledge.
- Follow up on business leads assigned by management, marketing, technical department or by vendor partners.
- Display or demonstrate product knowledge and emphasize saleable features.
- Implement promotions, programs, new products, etc.as directed.
- Offer add-on ,up-sell, and alternative product offerings.
- Oversee timely responses to RFQ’s and other inquiries for their assigned accounts by coordinating efforts from Customer Service, Account Specialists and Product Specialists.
- Set up new products and contract items with sales support.
- Maintain current knowledge of market conditions and trends; keep management informed of local competition and market conditions.
- Work with appropriate internal personnel to maintain customers’ purchase/discount/pricing/terms files as needed.
- Prepare status reports to include sales call activity, orders, required follow-up, and progress to goals.
- Execute sales effort in an ethical and professional manner that will reflect favorably on the reputation of the salesperson, the represented vendors, and the company.
- Assist and resolve customer requests and/or problems in a prompt and professional manner.
- Develop and maintain a level of technical knowledge to ensure an appropriate level of understanding of the companies represented products, services, and their application to the customer.
- Display knowledge of the company’s product lines and pricing.
- Develop sales strategies, programs, and plans for existing and potential accounts.
- Develop annual objectives and sales action plans and monitor actual results vs. plan results during the year.
- Call on assigned accounts once per month minimum.
- Complete all joint planning commitments as set forth in vendor planning sessions.
- Review daily assigned reports.
- Appropriately utilize the CRM system.
- Attend weekly sales 4DX WIG meetings and regularly scheduled funnel reviews
- Travel, as needed. Account Managers, in most cases, will be on the road regularly, typically multiple days per week.
- Ad hoc activities as requested.
Knowledge and Skill requirements
- Outstanding commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Strong time management, organizational, and follow-up skills.
- Persuasive, diplomatic; strong ability to sell to/penetrate major accounts.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
Four-year college degree, advanced degree preferred, or High School diploma plus two to four years’ equivalent industry- specific experience.
Certificates, licenses, registrations, insurance
Valid CA driver’s license
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; stand; talk and hear both in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate, handle or feel office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop or bend and lift and/or move up to and including twenty-five pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.