Manufacturing and Supply Chain Manager, ASG
Date Posted: August 31, 2023
Oversee operations and staff pertaining to manufacturing and supply chain within the Assembly Services Group (ASG). Responsible for cost-effective planning, processing, production, and shipping. This role will contribute to the success of the Assembly Services Group by ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget, with the highest quality and uncompromising safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Always promote a safe working environment.
- Work with and coordinate tasks cross functionally with all departments such as purchasing, shipping, accounting, and HR.
- Manage resources of the production and supply chain departments.
- Oversee and participate in Assembly Services materials and purchasing management.
- Coordinate production priorities with Sales Management and the Director of Assembly Services.
- Maintain master schedule for all jobs.
- Manage the work order process in the current business system prior to production.
- Periodically review actual spend in relation to actual activity and take appropriate action.
- Provide quarterly department staff training to review and enhance knowledge and skill sets.
- Collaborate with quality team to enhance the quality programs for the group.
- Institute Lean Manufacturing principles for the group.
- Oversee Department staff to ensure customer requirements and deadlines are met.
- Interface with subcontractors used to produce products or components or sub-assemblies.
- Manage the transition of products from new product introduction to manufacturing, ensuring adequate documentation for full production.
- Responsible for managing the internal production operations.
- Define and review the key metrics used to improve cycle times, yields, OTD, availability, and cost reductions.
- Participate and support the Material Review Board and help drive overall quality improvements.
- Become proficient in current business system.
Knowledge and Skill requirements
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Project management experience.
- Mechanical assembly skills required.
- Ability to understand mechanical and electrical schematics and drawings.
- Basic knowledge of purchasing, finance and accounting.
- Leadership, planning and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of Engineering Change Notice and documentation control processes.
- Exceptional work ethic and proven track record of success in industry.
- Strong vendor management and partnership development skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma background preferred, SPC experience a plus.
4-year college degree preferred or high school diploma plus five years industry specific experience.
Certificates, licenses, registrations
Valid CA driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; stand; talk and hear both in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate, handle or feel office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop or bend and lift and/or move up to and including 100 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate to loud.
$97k – $128k