Manufacturing and Application Engineer
Date Posted: August 31, 2022
The Manufacturing and Application Engineer will execute a business development strategy by providing product selection assistance, accurately and efficiently processing requests for quotations and orders while offering a positive experience for our customers. Oversee the coordination between sales, operations and suppliers to meet market demands during the initial design, building and structuring of bills of materials and all pertinent documentation for newly designed and first built products. Responsible for the growth and development of the company’s relationships and sales efforts at all Assembly Services accounts and vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Establish, develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned and prospective customers, suppliers and co-workers.
- Independently interpret and understand drawings and/or specifications. Follow processes and procedures per customer requirements.
- Responsibility for maintaining schedules, costs, bills of material, design, material and system level documentation, assembly and testing for assigned new projects.
- Interface with external and internal stakeholders, such as customers, sales, customer service and vendors to provide necessary engineering input and outputs.
- Utilize internal test equipment as required by the customer.
- Report all sales calls, telephone calls, joint calls, and customer activities in SMP within one week of activity.
- Follow up on all business leads assigned by their manager or given to them by the marketing department, technical department or by vendor partners.
- Display or demonstrate product knowledge and emphasize saleable features that will transition to market growth
- Offer add-on and up-sell products that may benefit the customer and suggest alternative products when a customer requested product is not available.
- Generate and administrate proposals and credit terms; prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Negotiate setting up of new products, services, and contract items with sales support.
- Maintain current knowledge of market conditions and trends; keep management informed of local competition and market conditions.
- Demonstrate core competency around Rockwell Automation products and associated manufacturing technology.
- Oversee purchase, discount, and price files for customers; review files of existing customers as needed.
- Assist and resolve customer requests and/or problems in a prompt and professional manner.
- Review daily the Services Manufacturing Report.
- Show proficiency in current business system.
- Ad hoc activities as requested.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENT
- Advanced controls practices in these areas;
- Control panel layout and construction
- Control power, digital and analog signal wiring
- Prototype set up and production
- Editing and red-lining documentation
- Control-specific software fundamentals
- Experience with Auto Cad and Cad-DXF Files
- Able to read and comprehend dimensional drawings and procedures written in English
- Mechanical skills required
- Possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail. Passion for creating high quality designs with attention
- Execute documented procedures on-site at customer facilities.
- Exposure to industrial Lockout Tag out standards and best practices (preferred).
- Associate of Science Degree in Engineering or Technology, or High School diploma plus 5+ equivalent technological training (e.g. technological training received while serving in the military, or equivalent industry training).
- +2yrs Hands on experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, INSURANCE
Valid CA driver’s license
STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
All employees are expected to conduct themselves in the highest ethical and professional manner in their dealings with customers, vendors, and co-workers. Employees’ behaviors and actions should not in any way put at risk the safety of any individual nor the reputation of the company.
Please refer to the Employee Handbook for our Standards of Conduct.
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; stand; talk and hear both in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate, handle or feel office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop or bend and lift and/or move up to and including twenty-five pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Flexibility for travel 25% – 40% is required and within Northern California
The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate to loud.