Date Posted: October 21, 2021
The Expeditor will be responsible for communicating with vendors and shipping companies to ensure that all critical deliveries arrive at their destinations on time. The Expeditor will also be required to report any pending delivery delays to appropriate personnel, and work with shipping companies to help get deliveries to their destinations as soon as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Maintain constant contact with vendors and shipping companies while deliveries are in route; gather information regarding scheduled ship dates, what is on backorder, shipping locations, tracking information and estimated delivery dates.
- Work closely with sales and purchasing; expedite and improve shipping dates at request of sales or purchasing.
- Notify sales team in a timely manner if a critical delivery is going to be late.
- Enter information gathered into company’s business system so that sales and purchasing can view scheduled ship dates and tracking information.
- Monitor items from past due dates until material is shipped and orders are invoiced and closed out.
- Work with sales on receiving errors, order entry errors and research to resolve.
- Review report of customer open item orders to ensure estimated time arrival dates.
- Ad hoc activities as requested.
Knowledge and Skill requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Commitment to meeting corporate deadlines and receiving critical orders on time
HS Diploma or GED
Certificates, licenses, registrations
Valid CA Class “C” driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; stand; talk and hear both in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate, handle or feel office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop or bend and lift/and or move up to and including twenty-five pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate to loud.
All applicants must be vaccinated.