Customer Service Representative
Date Posted: November 11, 2021
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) core responsibility is to provide exceptional service for customers through facilitating orders and resolving issues, in a manner that continues the strong customer experience focus at Buckles-Smith. The focus of this role is to add value, remove complexity in the process and ultimately free up time, enabling our sales team to develop and grow accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Establish, develop, and maintain excellent working relationships with customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Project a positive, professional image of the company in all communications with customers, vendors, co-workers, and suppliers.
- Perform duties in a professional manner by promptly providing accurate and thorough pricing quotations, product information, and order information.
- Take ownership of customers’ requests, inquiries, and concerns promptly; follow through to customer’s satisfaction.
- Act as main point of contact between customer and internal departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Respond to all customer requests within same business day.
- Process order entry information within same business day.
- Ask customers pertinent questions to define expectations regarding delivery dates and price.
- Suggest alternative products when a customer requested product is not available.
- Report lost sales.
- Write credits in a timely manner.
- Analyze system generated reports to proactively track, expedite, and communicate to customers any changes in order promise dates
- Complete follow up routine on all orders until the sales order invoices to provide maximum customer service to the customer.
- Stay current with industry trends, products, and services; actively participate in vendor programs and courses.
- Continue product & industry training with vendors and Buckles-Smith subject matter experts to increase product knowledge and industry awareness.
- Inform customers of industry events, product updates, and promotions.
- Achieve overall gross margin levels established by management; profitably grow market share.
- Establish proficiency in current business system and related applications.
- Acquire knowledge of the company’s organization, structure, product lines, and policies and procedures.
- Assist counter sales, as needed.
- Ad hoc duties as requested.
Knowledge and Skill requirements
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively communicate orally and in writing with customers, suppliers, and employees.
- Working proficiency with MS Office.
- Able to navigate and utilize online resources related to essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of basic algebra, percentages, addition, subtraction, multiplication.
4-year college degree or High school diploma and 2+ years relevant experience; retail experience a plus
Certificates, licenses, registrations
Valid Class C CA driver license
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; stand; talk and hear both in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate, handle or feel office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop or bend and lift/and or move up to and including twenty-five pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be vaccinated.