Customer Service Representative – Services
Date Posted: December 17, 2021
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) core responsibility is to provide exceptional service for customers through facilitating orders and resolving issues, in a manner that continues the strong customer experience focus at Buckles-Smith. The focus of this role is to add value, remove complexity in the process, and ultimately free up time, enabling our sales team to develop and grow accounts. This CSR role has a specific focus on Rockwell Automation and Buckles-Smith Services and Software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Establish, develop, and maintain excellent working relationships with customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Project a positive, professional image of the company in all communications with customers, vendors, co-workers, and suppliers.
- Perform duties in a professional manner by promptly providing accurate and thorough pricing quotations, product information, and order information.
- Take ownership of customers’ requests, inquiries, and concerns promptly; follow through to customer’s satisfaction.
- Act as the main point of contact between the customer and internal departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Respond to all customer requests within the same business day.
- Process order entry information within the same business day.
- Ask customers pertinent questions to define expectations regarding delivery dates and price.
- Offer add-on and upsell services that may benefit the customer.
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Finance groups to improve customer experience and profitability.
- Stay current with industry trends, products, and services; actively participate in vendor programs and courses.
- Establish proficiency in the current business systems and related applications.
- Acquire knowledge of the company’s organization, structure, product lines, and policies and procedures.
- Quote and process orders for Buckles-Smith Assembly Services Group.
- Schedule, quote process, and manage orders for field service engineering and drive callout services.
- Quote process and manage orders for TechConnect agreements.
- Schedule, quote, process, and manage orders for repairs and exchanges.
- Quote, process and manage orders for Rockwell Automation software through the Rockwell Automation software portal.
- Quote, process and manage orders for Rockwell Automation training classes.
- Quote, and process orders for Buckles-Smith Automation Group seminars or other training events.
- Request custom or configured part quotes from Rockwell Automation and provide the follow-up necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Request Rockwell Automation special pricing through SAP/Fiori for short, project, and long-term agreements.
- Learn and execute further Rockwell Automation administrative and order administration duties as they are developed.
- Ad hoc duties as requested.
Knowledge and Skill requirements
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively communicate orally and in writing with customers, suppliers, and employees.
- Working proficiency with MS Office.
- Able to navigate and utilize online resources related to essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of basic algebra, percentages, addition, subtraction, multiplication.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Must demonstrate good time management skills.
- Must possess strong planning, organizational, and execution skills.
- Must have the ability to set goals and meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate ownership of assigned responsibilities and ability to get the job done in a timely manner.
4-year college degree or High school diploma and 2+ years relevant experience
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; stand; talk and hear both in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate, handle or feel office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop or bend and lift/and or move up to and including twenty-five pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be vaccinated.