Date Posted: August 4, 2022
Accurately and efficiently process industrial, commercial and contractor walk-in requests, telephone inquiries and orders. Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Acknowledge and greet visitors promptly, in person or on the telephone.
- Establish, develop and maintain excellent working relationships with walk-in and prospective customers.
- Project a professional image of the company in all communications with customers, vendors, co-workers and suppliers.
- Answer customer questions concerning product application, price, availability, and delivery.
- Accurately and efficiently enter and process customer quotation and order requests.
- Emphasize product features based on customers’ needs and technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Offer add-on and up-sell products that may benefit the customer and suggest alternative products when a customer requested product is not available.
- Take ownership of customers’ requests, inquires and complaints promptly; follow through to customer’s satisfaction. Follow through on commitments.
- Inform customers of industry events, product updates, and promotions.
- Understand and follow company policy on pricing; achieve overall gross margin levels established by management.
- Set up advertising displays and arrange merchandise to promote sales.
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Finance teams to improve customer experience and profitability.
- Acquire knowledge of the company’s product lines, organization, structure, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized sales floor area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Know and understand manufacturer catalogs and literature.
- Stay current with industry trends and services and the application and benefits of new products.
- Attend training courses to stay current with industry trends, services, and products.
- Establish proficiency in current business system and related applications.
- Ad hoc activities as requested.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively communicate with customers, vendors, and suppliers
- Knowledge of basic algebra, addition, subtraction, multiplication, percentages
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Basic computer skills i.e. internet search
High School diploma or GED; industry experience a plus.
Certificates, licenses, registrations
Valid CA driver’s license
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; stand; talk and hear both in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate, handle or feel office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop or bend and lift and/or move up to and including 100 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate to loud.