Components Product Specialist
Date Posted: August 4, 2022
Responsible for the growth of sales and customer application pre-sales and post-sales support for a specific group(s) of
automation products and services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Meet or exceed sales goals required by management.
- Develop sales strategies, promotions, programs and plans for sales growth.
- Develop annual performance goals, objectives, and sales action plans.
- Prepare periodic sales funnel, weekly sales reports, etc.
- Provide technical support for internal and external customers via phone, email, or on-site visit. This could include,
but is not limited to troubleshooting products, finding technical documentation and specifications, product
selection and other requested activities.
- Establish relationships with Buckles-Smith sales and customers to better understand sales potential. Ascertain
customer needs by phone, customer visits, and other means of research (internet, etc.).
- Work with Account Managers to establish joint strategies and activities.
- Provide expert knowledge to Inside Sales to facilitate quoting, order entry, and order expediting.
- Create and present technical and commercial training for internal and external customers.
- Describe or demonstrate product to customers.
- Follow up on all business leads assigned by management, marketing, technical department, or vendor partners.
- Acquire, use, and continuously develop personal technical knowledge.
- Provide oral and/or written quotations, proposals or estimates of prices, scope of work, terms, and delivery for
standard, complex or non-standard merchandise.
- Work with prospective customers to move projects through the sales cycle to conclusion.
- Properly prepare for sales calls, customers events, etc.
- Timely resolve issues concerning billing, credit or products sold.
- Demonstrate competence with CRM, business system, vendor-based applications, or other software tools.
- Work with Purchasing on proper inventory of high-tech products and identify any potential obsolesce problems.
- Professionally represent Buckles-Smith and sell and advertise company promotions.
- Travel, as needed.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures,
blueprints, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from small groups of managers, clients,
customers, and the general public.
- Ability to practice good interpersonal relations, using tact, courtesy, a positive attitude toward customers and coworkers, pleasant communication etiquette, and a general attitude as a representative of goodwill on behalf of the
company at work or during company travel.
- Ability to perform math functions representative of the job such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and metric scales; computing
rate, ratio, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs; calculating figures and amounts such as
discounts, interest, commissions, and proportions.
- Ability to develop and present specialized instruction concerning the specific high-tech equipment in the assigned
area of responsibility.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to travel via airplane, etc. for various trainings, conferences, etc. on an infrequent basis.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) and two to four years related experience and/or training; or High School diploma and 5-10 years’
Certificates, licenses, registrations, insurance
Class “C” CA driver’s license
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; stand; talk and hear both
in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate, handle or feel office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop or bend and lift and/or move up to and including twenty- five
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.