Date Posted: October 26, 2022
Account Managers are individually responsible for the company’s relationships and sales efforts at all of their assigned accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
▪ Develop individual sales plan with Sales Director and attain sales objective on each assigned account, review quarterly.
▪ Attend weekly 4DX WIG meetings and all regularly scheduled funnel reviews.
▪ Achieve gross margin and sales goals.
▪ Develop sales strategies, programs, and plans for existing and potential accounts. Develop annual objectives and sales action plans and monitor actual results vs. objectives during the year. Prepare periodic activity reports and present them as appropriate to management.
▪ Establish, develop, and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned and prospective customers, suppliers and co-workers.
▪ Call on all assigned accounts once per month minimum.
▪ Develop a plan to actively prospect within assigned territory and/or industry to generate sales and achieve target.
▪ Work with Product Specialists to provide technical assistance to customers and use industry and product knowledge to support and build sales.
▪ Report all sales calls, telephone calls, joint calls, and customer activities in CRM within one week of activity.
▪ Follow up on all business leads assigned by their manager or given to them by the marketing department, technical department or by vendor partners.
▪ Complete all joint planning commitments as set forth in vendor planning sessions.
▪ Complete customer account profile; update quarterly. Verify potential; identify competition, critical success factor, goals, customer contact update.
▪ Display or demonstrate product knowledge and emphasize saleable features.
▪ Develop plan and structure for communicating promotions, special programs, new products, training, and other relevant activities to customers.
▪ Offer add-on and up-sell products that may benefit the customer and suggest alternative products when a customer requested product is not available.
▪ Quote prices and credit terms; prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
▪ Set up of new products and contract items with sales support. ▪ Maintain current knowledge of market conditions and trends; keep management informed of local competition and market conditions.
▪ Oversee purchase, discount, and price files for customers; review files of existing customers as needed.
▪ Prepare status reports to include sales call activity, orders, required follow-up, and progress to goals.
▪ Execute sales effort in an ethical and professional manner that will reflect favorably on the reputation of the salesperson, the represented vendors, and the company.
▪ Assist and resolve customer requests and/or problems in a prompt and professional manner.
▪ Review daily all relevant reports such as open order and open quote reports.
▪ Develop and maintain and level of technical knowledge to ensure an appropriate level of understanding of the companies represented products, services, and their application to the customer.
▪ Display knowledge of the company’s product lines and pricing.
▪ Show proficiency in current business system.
▪ Travel, as needed.
▪ Ad hoc activities as requested.
Knowledge and Skill requirements
▪ Outstanding commitment to customer service.
▪ Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
▪ Strong time management, organizational, and follow-up skills.
▪ Persuasive, diplomatic; strong ability to sell to/penetrate major accounts.
▪ Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
▪ Working knowledge of MS Office.
Four-year college degree, advanced degree preferred, or High School diploma plus two to four years’ equivalent industry-specific experience.
Certificates, licenses, registrations, insurance
Valid CA driver’s license
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; stand; talk and hear both in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate, handle or feel office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop or bend and lift and/or move up to and including twenty-five pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.