Frequently Asked Questions
When and where will the 2020 Automation Fair® At Home event take place?
Automation Fair At Home will take place as follows:
- DATE: Automation Fair At Home will take place November 16-20, 2020.
- LOCATION: Automation Fair At Home will take place within an interactive digital environment – attendees can login from the comfort and safety of their own space and device. The online experience be available on-demand for six months until June 2021.
Conditions permitting, we are also exploring the option of safely hosting small group experiences and meetings in our headquarters facility in Milwaukee, in addition to the virtual experience.
- TIME ZONE: Automation Fair At Home sessions and offerings are scheduled in Central Time.
When will the event agenda and session schedule be available?
Event details will be announced as they become available. Please see below for an event overview. Click to review the complete Session Catalog and add sessions to your calendar.
When will registration open for Automation Fair At Home?
Registration will open on October 1st. Registration is required to gain access to the event and to on-demand presentations, which will be available until June 2021.
Is there a cost to attend Automation Fair At Home?
There is no cost to attend the overall event. Hands-on labs will cost $99 per lab and will be limited to two per customer attendee.
Will the virtual event be available on-demand after November?
Yes, the event will be available on-demand for six months until June 2021. This includes access to the virtual exhibit hall, product and technology sessions, the DX Strategists track, industry forums, general sessions, and keynote presentations.
What types of sessions will be offered at Automation Fair At Home?
Automation Fair At Home will feature technical discussions, interactive labs and presentations, including the following:
- NEW! Bold Conversations on Inclusion & Diversity
- NEW! DX Strategists track
- Forums focused on the following industries: automotive and tire, chemical, food and beverage, life sciences, OEM, oil and gas, power and energy, metals, mining, and water wastewater
- Hands-on labs
- NEW! Perspectives keynote presentations
- NEW! Process Solutions User Group track, including ask the experts, customer sessions, hands-on labs, keynote presentations, and technical sessions
- Product and technology sessions presented by Rockwell Automation and members of the PartnerNetwork
Do I have to register to attend specific sessions at Automation Fair At Home?
You do not have to register to attend product and technology sessions, the DX Strategists track, industry forums, general sessions, or keynote presentations.
Due to capacity limits, registration is required to attend hands-on labs. Please note that the hands-on labs are reserved for customers only. Each customer may attend two labs.
Do I need specific equipment to participate in the hands-on labs?
Hands-on labs will be conducted via the Rockwell Automation Cloud Based Infrastructure (RAcbi). You will connect to remote hardware for any hardware-based sessions. You do not need any specific equipment to participate.
What is AltspaceVR and how will it be used at the event?
AltspaceVR is a virtual reality platform available for free through the Windows store. To install, a non-corporate email address is needed (gmail, etc.). AltspaceVR will host the interactive networking experience at Automation Fair.
What VR headsets can I use?
AltspaceVR is compatible with Oculus, HTC Vive, and Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) headsets.
Does AltspaceVR work on Mac products?
No, AltspaceVR does not work on Mac products.
Do I need a VR headset for this experience?
No, you may use 2D mode on your laptop (Windows 10) instead of a VR headset.
Are Professional Development Hour credits available?
Yes, product and technology sessions presented by Rockwell Automation are eligible for Professional Development Hour credits, including any accessed ‘on-demand’ from November 2020 through June 2021.
Will there be an in-person element of Automation Fair?
Rockwell Automation may host a small number of customers at their headquarters location in Milwaukee, WI if conditions permit and customers are willing to attend.
When will we know if there will be an in-person event?
An announcement will be made the first week of November.
Who should I contact if I have additional questions?
Please reach out to Buckles-Smith or Allied Electric at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.